[panda-users] Translate Guest Physical Address back to Guest Virtual Address in "panda_callbacks_before_dma"

Bo Chen chenbo at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 29 20:23:18 EDT 2018

Dear Panda Developers and Users,

I am trying to trace back the source of DMA operations in the context of
the 'current' process. I am thinking to reuse the call back function
"panda_callbacks_before_dma()", whose signature is as follows:

void panda_callbacks_before_dma(CPUState *cpu,* hwaddr addr1*, const
uint8_t *buf, hwaddr l, int is_write);

To be more precise, I am trying to translate the 'addr1', which is the
source address of DMA in terms of guest physical address, back to a virtual
address, which is used by the guest virtual CPU. Any advises or pointers
about how can I achieve that?

Thanks for your time and help in advance.

Best,
Bo