[panda-users] Debugging Suggestion

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Thu Mar 1 18:02:15 EST 2018

Hi Giuseppe,

You can run PANDA under gdb to debug plugin code. It will be easier if you
compile with the -O0 -g flags set in CFLAGS. In PANDA 2.0 you can just pass
the --enable-debug argument to build.sh, whereas for PANDA 1.0 I believe
you need to actually edit the build script.

Of course, some judiciously placed “printf”
statements can be very helpful too!

Best,
Brendan

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 5:12 PM Giuseppe Laurenza <laurenza at diag.uniroma1.it>
wrote:

> Dear panda user,
> I am trying to implement the cfi plugin. Due to the fact that the original
> project was developed on DECAF and TEMU I had some problem for the
> “conversion” of data-structure and it will be helpful to find a way to
> debug the execution of the plugin in order to better observe which data are
> missing during the execution in panda.
> Which is the best way to do this?
> Thanks in advance

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering