[panda-users] Question:How to use panda2 to analysis just one process when replaying log

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Wed Jun 20 11:02:48 EDT 2018

There is no way to record just a single process. However, if the
recording is too large you can use the "scissors" plugin to chop it
down to just the part you care about. Also, I think Manolis
Stamatogiannakis has done some work on selectively enabling and
disabling the taint system so that it's only active when the process
you want is running, but I don't know if that work is publicly
available yet.

-Brendan

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 3:39 AM, shuai xi <ahahanamea at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello developer, i want to use panda2 plugins like 'taint2' to analysis a
> program. But the 'record' function records whole system. i want to just
> focus on this program's process and use the process's virtual address to
> taint a buffer of memory. Dose panda2 provide this functionality?

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering