[panda-users] taint2_enable_taint

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Wed Jan 31 10:50:09 EST 2018

Yes, unfortunately. I believe this is because init_plugin is called before
the QEMU machine has been set up, so the taint system can't create things
like the shadow memory (since there's no RAM yet). I have a patch that adds
a callback for after_machine_init, at which point it's safe to enable taint
– I will try to get this upstreamed shortly...

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Manolis Stamatogiannakis <
mstamat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've found that taint2_enable_taint() segfaults if called from within
> init_plugin().
> Is this the expected behaviour?
>
> M.

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering