[panda-users] Memory callbacks and x86_64

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Mon Feb 26 16:59:01 EST 2018

Two quick things:

- The recordings on panda.gtisc are for PANDA 1.0 and won’t work with 2.0
- Memory callbacks should work on both live execution and replay. If they
don’t there is likely a bug. I will try to find some time to investigate in
the next couple days.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:33 PM Bridgey theGeek <bridgeythegeek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Running about right now, but see if you can get the replay to run through
> without applying any plugins.
>
> Based on the command line from your gist, try:
> qemu-system-i386 -m 2G -replay TEST
>
> You shouldn't need any of the other parameters.
>
> It should count through the replay up to 100%.
>
> Adam
>

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, 21:23 Vincent Lee, <vincent_lee at utexas.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ah, I was not running on a recording, but was running the system live
>> with -panda. If I try to make a recording and play it back with -replay and
>> -panda, I get the following assertion failure when the replay loads:
>> https://gist.github.com/williewillus/951c17eeac1da94efe48bdaacc7d009f
>> How would I use the logs listed on that website? They don't seem to come
>> with a snapshot to use.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Vincent
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 3:08 PM, Bridgey theGeek <
>> bridgeythegeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Vincent,
>>>
>>> Hmm, that is odd. Like you say, seeing the load/unload messages suggests
>>> all is fine.
>>>
>>> My gut feeling is that maybe your recording is corrupt? Maybe grab one
>>> of the replay's Moyix makes available and test with that?
>>> http://panda.gtisc.gatech.edu/malrec/
>>>
>>> Let us know how you get on,
>>> Adam

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering