[panda-users] taint inlining

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 12:52:37 EST 2018

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about taint operations inlining. I have
provided inline=y as an argument to taint2. However, all I get is a ton of
"Inlining failed!" printouts.

If I understand correctly, this only means that a regular function call
will be inserted instead. I.e. this is informational only, the correctness
of the analysis you run is not affected. Is this right?

What could be preventing inlining of taint operations from working? Are
there any restrictions when building plugins that use taint2 in order to
allow for taint operations inlining?

Thanks,
Manolis