[panda-users] Ris: PANDA on ubuntu17.04

Gabriele Viglianisi vigliag at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 09:51:15 EDT 2017

Hi Alessandro

Not sure what the actual problem is, but you can probably work around it by
disabling the ppc target if you don't need it.
This is the command I used to configure panda last time (from inside a
`build` folder in the panda repository), with llvm3.3 built from source:

```
../configure --enable-llvm --with-llvm=/home/vigliag/thesis/llvm/Release/
--target-list=i386-softmmu
--extra-cflags="-DPROTOBUF_INLINE_NOT_IN_HEADERS=0"
```

* the llvm-related parts are for linking with llvm3.3 built from sources
* the `--target-list=i386-softmmu` bit disables all targets except the ones
you list (in this case i386-softmmu)
* the --extra-cflags=="-DPROTOBUF_INLINE_NOT_IN_HEADERS=0" bit is a
different workaround for the protobuf-c undefined macro problem

regards,
Gabriele