[panda-users] PANDA on ubuntu17.04

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 27 15:12:12 EDT 2017

1) You should still be able to use the packages in this PPA to install LLVM
and clang 3.3: https://launchpad.net/~phulin/+archive/ubuntu/panda

2) I believe this is a bug in protobuf. The workaround is to modify
configure and change

QEMU_CFLAGS="-Wall -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes
$QEMU_CFLAGS"

QEMU_CFLAGS="-Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes $QEMU_CFLAGS"

(i.e. remove -Wundef from the warnings).

Best,
Brendan

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM, alessandro mantovani <alk13 at hotmail.it>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> do you have some indications to install PANDA on Ubuntu 17.04. It seems
> that there are two problems:
>
> 1) llvm and clang versions that are required in the dependencies
> installation script are note available for modern versions of ubuntu.
> (in particular it is requested llvm-3.3 e clang-3.3 but only from 3.5
> and up is available)
>
> 2) error during building phase with PROTOBUF. In particular I get:
>
> plog.pb.h:2148:6: error: "PROTOBUF_INLINE_NOT_IN_HEADERS" is not defined
> [-Werror=undef]
>   #if !PROTOBUF_INLINE_NOT_IN_HEADERS
>

> Some fix?

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering