[panda-users] Callback PANDA_CB_AFTER_BLOCK_EXEC not working on linux

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Sat Oct 14 12:06:15 EDT 2017

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce the
issue you're having. Here's what I did to try:

* Wrote a plugin with an after_block_exec callback that asserts that
tb->size !=0 and tb->icount != 0:

https://gist.github.com/moyix/e0e8f398fff6bd5df80d9aad630df754

* Created a 64-bit Linux recording using run_debian.py of the command "find
/usr":

../panda/scripts/run_debian.py --arch x86_64 find /usr/

* Ran the replay with the repro plugin:

x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -replay replays/find/find -panda repro

The replay (~450 million instructions) completed successfully.

Maybe you can share the recording you're using and your plugin's source?

Best,
Brendan

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 4:32 AM, <aicardi at eurecom.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> sorry for the spam, since I did not receive any answers on this topic
> I thought it needed some more visibility.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> samaicardi
>

> Quoting Samuele.Aicardi at eurecom.fr:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have a problem in retrieving the translation block from the function
> > I registered with PANDA_CB_AFTER_BLOCK_EXEC (something like
> > my_function(CPUState *cpu, TranslationBlock *tb)) in the plugin I am
> > writing.
> >
> > I replay two kinds of samples, one for windows-32-7, the other for
> > linux-64-*.
> >
> > When replaying the one for windows-32-7 everything works fine, when it
> > comes to linux-64-* every translation block has
> >      tb->size == 0,
> >      tb->icount == 0 and
> >      tb->invalid != 0
> >
> > Does anyone know why this happens?
> >

> > Thank you in advance,
> > samaicardi

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering