[panda-users] Get memory & instruction trace using Panda

Lele Ma lelema.zh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:03:58 EST 2017

Hi all,

I have installed panda and it's running excellent. But I am wondering
whether it could be used to get all the memory and instruction traces in
Linux kernel threads using Panda during the replay.

For memory trace, I need every memory access of processors (for each kernel
threads or all kernel threads together). I found the string search plugin
will insert a callback function upon every memory write/read operation. So,
it seems Panda could support the memory trace very well. So I plan to write
a simpler plugin based on string search to get the full memory trace of
kernel threads. Am I on the right track?

For the instruction trace, I haven't found a plugin that could insert a
callback function upon every guest instruction. Could anyone give some
hints about this?

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Lele Ma