[panda-users] usb storage from file?

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:49:40 EDT 2016

Yep, you can boot with -usbdevice disk:filename or use the usb_add
command in the monitor. As for USB being enabled – in the version of
QEMU we based PANDA on USB support was disabled by default. You have
to boot with -usb in order to enable it.

You can even use real USB devices connected to your system with "-usb
-device usb-host,hostbus=X,hostaddr=Y" where X and Y are the values
you get from lsusb. This also works with record and replay :)

-Brendan

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Manolis Stamatogiannakis
<mstamat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have created a filesystem on a regular file on my host computer.
> Is it possible to attach it to PANDA as a pseudo-usb stick?
>
> Btw, I can't see usb enabled in config-target.mak. Yet, the guest doesn't
> seem to load the usb kernel modules, and /sys/bus doesn't include usb. Do I
> have to enable usb somehow?
>
> M.

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering