[panda-users] System calls

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:08:52 EST 2016

This is the job of the syscalls2 plugin API, which lets you register
callbacks for individual system calls. You can also use the
on_all_sys_enter callback to intercept *every* system call.

The syscalls2 USAGE page has more details:

https://github.com/moyix/panda/blob/master/qemu/panda_plugins/syscalls2/USAGE.md

One thing that does not (yet) exist is something that registers every
syscall callback and then prints the arguments (like strace in Linux
does). I believe someone is currently working on doing this for Linux,
but the plugin isn't finished yet and hasn't been committed.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Julia Gustafsson
<gustafssonjulia92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been looking through all the existing plugins, but haven't found any
> way to get a list of the system calls made by either the whole system or by
> certain processes. Does any plugin like that exist?
>
> Best Regards,
> Julia

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering