[panda-users] llvm-trace memory usage

mahboobe daftari mahboobehdaftari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:01:41 EST 2016

Hi All,

I am using llvm-trace plugin to replay a very short recording. The
resulting TUBTF is 15 GB for the recording of almost nothing ( It is more
than 40G when I run an echo server)! Is this the case all the time or am I
doing something wrong? Even if not running TUBTF mode the llvm-memlog.log
file is approximately the same size.

I use the premade debian image and I did not add anything to that except
for the echo server. I even tried disconnecting Internet, but the result
was the same.

Here is the way I replay the recording: "qemu-system-x86_64 -m 256 -replay
test -panda llvm_trace:base=.,tubtf=1"

Thank you in advance for the help,
Mahboobeh