[panda-users] panda osi enhancements

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:32:36 EDT 2015

While using PANDA's osi framework, I needed a couple of fields that weren't
currently supported. Namely:
- User id/name information for processes.
- List of open files per process.

I suspect that the reason these weren't included in the osi framework is
differences between OSes in the implementation of these concepts. Is this
correct?

E.g. for Linux I know that there are several numeric user ids associated
with a process (euid/suid/ruid). But for Windows - if I recall correctly -
the user ids are non-numeric and I'm not sure if they have the equivalents
of euid/suid/ruid.

Also I'm not sure if Windows have numeric file descriptors or use a more
complex data type for this.

Is it possible to add these fields to the osi structs while keeping the
base osi plugin OS-independent? If yes, then I can add the required
introspection code for Linux.

Thanks,
Manolis