[panda-users] Programmatic replay?

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at gatech.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:28:39 EST 2015

1. Observation only. Changing program state would cause execution to
diverge from the original recording, and because of the interface we
use for recording, it is not possible to "go live" from that point.
You can find more details on why this is so in our tech report [1],
specifically section 2.A

2. Currently the only way to move to a particular point in a replay is
to start from the beginning and then execute until the desired point.
It is not possible to rewind or fast-forward. In principle one could
index a replay log in order to allow jumping to arbitrary points in
it, but this hasn't been implemented. One alternative if you have a
large replay and want to selectively act on a portion of it is to use
the scissors plugin, which can extract out a segment of a larger
replay.

-Brendan

[1] https://mice.cs.columbia.edu/getTechreport.php?techreportID=1588&disposition=inline&format=pdf