[panda-users] linux vmi plugin

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:27:04 EDT 2014

Hi all & thanks for creating this list!

I'd like to query about the status of the linux_vmi plugin. I have managed
to get the basic functionality working using the functions from
DECAF_linux_vmi.h.

However, the  ps-like functionality, does not seem to work. This snippet
from linux_vmi/DroidScope/linuxAPI/Context.c seems to be preventing any
information to being recorded in the shadow process list of the plugin.

 if (env->regs[15] < 0xC0000000)
{
return;
}

This looks like ARM-specific code that checks if currently we execute user
code. But even when replacing this with the x86 equivalent of (env->hflags &
HF_CPL_MASK) != 0, I just get a segfault during reading guest memory.

Any hints/pointers are welcome!

Thanks,
Manolis