[PageOneX] [dev] Fwd: PageOneX Beta release: in need of beta testers

pablo rey pablo at basurama.org
Sat Apr 27 12:57:15 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,
I am starting the beta testing with the users (see bellow the email I sent
to the users' list).

I am having some weird errors: I am coding this image
http://production.pageonex.com/numeroteca/test-open-thread-for-media-lab-festival/coding/?i=boston_globe-2013-04-16
and
the areas get stored wrongly: smaller size in the wrong place, sometimes
and extra blue area appears. This behavior was not happening in the dev
site:
http://dev.pageonex.com/numeroteca/test-open-thread-for-media-lab-festival/

Besides, I've been adding more bugs to our issue
tracker<https://github.com/numeroteca/pageonex/issues?milestone=9&page=1&state=open>.
Time to jump into solving them before launching officially the site.

I talked with Bradley Abruzzi, and he is going to help with the Terms of
Service.

best,

---------
Hi there, *[versión en español más abajo]*
*
*
We are very happy to announce that we are about to release PageOneX Beta
version. We are working now in the terms of service, but is finally ready
to be tested. So, we need your help to test it in the following days.

Send feedback + problems + ideas + bugs! You can use the issue
tracker<https://github.com/numeroteca/pageonex/issues?milestone=&page=1&state=open>or
answer this email.

*Please don't share the link *http://production.pageonex.com/ *widely yet*,
we are still fixing some things and want to finish the Terms of Service
first.

*Hola a todos,*
*
*
*Estamos muy contentos de anunciar que finalmente vamos a publicar la
versión beta de PageOneX. Estamos trabajando en los "*terms of service*"
pero ya está lista para que la probéis. Así que: necesitamos vuestra ayuda
para que probéis la herramienta en estos próximos días.*

*Podeis enviar sugeencias ideas + problemas o bugs contestando a este email
o usando el* issue
tracker<https://github.com/numeroteca/pageonex/issues?milestone=&page=1&state=open>
.
*
*
*Por favor no publicitéis el link *http://production.pageonex.com/* todavía,
que aún estamos haciendo los últimos arreglo y queremos terminar antes
los *"terms
of service".

More updates

The real size version of PageOnex is
ready<http://numeroteca.org/2013/04/25/guns-wars-and-terrorism-in-a-pageonex-real-size/>.
Come
visit it to the second floor of MIT Media Lab.
[image: visitor-1]
Related posts to the installation:

   - Guns, Wars and Terrorism in a PageOneX real size (photo
essay)<http://numeroteca.org/2013/04/25/guns-wars-and-terrorism-in-a-pageonex-real-size/>
   - I would have never thought it was so difficult to get the
paper<http://numeroteca.org/2013/04/15/i-would-have-never-thought-it-was-so-difficult-to-get-the-paper/>

A quick test with Local / National / by Continent
news<http://numeroteca.org/2013/04/25/guns-wars-and-terrorism-in-a-pageonex-real-size/>
check
the version at PageOneX.com<http://production.pageonex.com/numeroteca/local-national-world-news/>

best + happy coding,