[PageOneX] [dev] Further work in scraper script for Kiosko web

Rafael Porres Molina rporres at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:43:53 EDT 2013

Hi devs,

First thing is to introduce myself: I'm a friend of Pablo's, Perl hacker
and sysadmin. A while ago he told me about that pageonex needed a list of
all the newspapers in Kiosko (kiosko.csv), and I found a way of doing it. I
don't know very much of Ruby so I offered to write it in Perl. Since the
list is not meant to be dynamic, we concluded that language was not a
problem.

I've updated the script to get the newspaper urls and to fetch more types
of newspapers. Before it just listed the general newspapers. Now I've
included everything that I found Kiosko can offer taking care of avoiding
duplicates.

If you have any doubt about how the script works, or you find any bug,
please let me know ;-)

Regards,

Rafa