[Olympus] OLYMPUS article from Physics Today being republished

Belostotski, Stanislav stanislav.belostotski at desy.de
Sun Jan 14 06:21:59 EST 2018

Dear Douglas, Michael   and all,
This is a good news.
The OLYMPUS results presented by me at the Annual session of the PNPI
NICKI Council were actively discussed.It is important of course to
measure the TPE contribution in a wide range of Q^2  and epsilon.
One more  motivation is to carefully measure the TPE at a  very small
Q^2. The PNPI experiment to measure proton radius with a highest
possible precision (using Recoil technique: TPC filled with hydrogen) is
  in preparation phase  now at  the Mainz accelerator. The TPE
correction, though expected to be small at small Q^2, will be the only
one unknown value  which might affect the derivative at   Q^2->0. Most
of other RCs are small in the case of the  Recoil technique.
In this conjunction, let me ask why the systematic error of the charge
asymmetry measured with the two-arm telescope is so large? Might it be
possible to revisit this analysis? What are the dominating factor, and
isn.t it possible to reduce these systematic uncertainties.If yes, this
would be a big help in solving the proton radius problem, at least by
normalization of the theory at small Q^2.
With best regards stanB