[Olympus] Future papers

Douglas K Hasell hasell at mit.edu
Sat Nov 19 10:52:51 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

	Now that our first physics result has been released we must complete the OLYMPUS experiment by publishing a long paper on the experiment as well as a number of shorter papers with details on the individual components that went into the experiment and results.

	The following is a list of papers we should be working on.  I have tentatively listed the names of people whom I think will take a leading role in drafting each paper.  I would urge anyone interested in helping write these papers to get in touch and to participate.

Long paper on OLYMPUS results - Doug
	- will wait for analyses from Lauren and Colton (Dmitry?) and the result on the form factor factor paper

Form factor / Yield - Jan and Axel

Luminosity MIE - Axel

12 degree result - Brian

General luminosity - Colton and Brian

Radiative corrections - Axel

Tracking - Jan and Rebecca

Pions - Lauren

Time of Flight - Lauren and Rebecca

GEM detector - Michael

MWPC - Stan

DORIS - Frank and Uwe

Fit to form factor data and prediction for OLYMPUS - Axel

Gas flow in OLYMPUS target cell - Brian

	While some of the above papers will present results obtained with the assistance of the entire collaboration; other papers will represent work done by a small number of individuals.  In the former case the collaboration will be included in the author list.  In the latter only those people actively contributing to the work need be listed as authors.

26-415 M.I.T.                                  Tel: +1 (617) 258-7199
77 Massachusetts Avenue                        Fax: +1 (617) 258-5440
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA                       E-mail: hasell at mit.edu