[Olympus] Final Report on the 12 Degree and Slow Control Luminosity Measurements

Brian S. Henderson bhender1 at mit.edu
Wed Jul 20 15:43:31 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have uploaded my final report on the 12 degree and slow control =

luminosity determinations in the internal notes section of the OLYMPUS =

wiki: =

https://olympus-docu.hiskp.uni-bonn.de/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=3Di=
nternalnotes:final_luminosity_report_henderson.pdf.

This report (extracted from my thesis) includes a complete description =

of all aspects of both the 12 degree and slow control luminosities, =

including the simulation of the target system, hit reconstruction, =

tracking in the 12 degree system, the methods of analysis, determination =

of systematic uncertainties, and the final luminosity results.  I also =

include a much briefer summary of the SYMB luminosity, in particular the =

final results from the multi-interaction event analysis conducted by =

Axel, for the purpose of completeness regarding the OLYMPUS luminosity.

I do not plan to have a presentation on this material at Monday's =

meeting so that we can reserve time for discussion of the main analysis =

on the e^+ /e^- ratio, but I can of course answer any questions you have =

then.  If you have questions before then, please feel free to send them =

to the OLYMPUS mailing list and I'll try to get to them before Monday.

Thanks,
Brian