[Olympus] Revised PRL paper

Belostotski, Stanislav stanislav.belostotski at desy.de
Sat Dec 10 15:34:40 EST 2016

Dear Douglas and all,
The paper now looks better but  some things must be still clarified.
1.First about MIE. It is now specified  which value is used for
monitoring: ratio of what to what. However the statement
" By extracting luminosity from a ratio of
rates, the MIE analysis exploited cancellation of several
systematic uncertainties, reducing the uncertainty in the
relative luminosity between beam species to 0.36%."
   must  be  clarified   by giving at least  one example of mentioned
above cancellation and clear indication of what is the main source of
the systematic uncertainty advertised.
2. Fig.3  I am afraid misleading, Effect is small and for sure
comparable with uncertainty in Blunden curve.The calculated TPE  is
function BOTH epsilon and Q**2. Then we must show  the similar  plot for
  Q**2. Why should we show the comparison versus epsilon and should not
versus Q**2?
3.When calculating the statistical error bar unifying a pair (or
several) independent analyses, it should not be taken as average. If we
believe in the results and trust in all variant of the analysis
it must be calculated as weighted mean. As for systematic uncertainty,
this is always difficult as there is no  definite prescription for that.
Cheers,  StanB