[Olympus] Fwd: First Circular: Conference of Science and Technology for FAIR in Europe, October 13-17, 2014, Worms, Germany

Inti Lehmann inti.lehmann at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 09:02:43 EDT 2014

FYI. =

Cheers, Inti

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Peters, Klaus Prof. Dr." <K.Peters at GSI.DE>
> Subject: First Circular: Conference of Science and Technology for FAIR in=
 Europe, October 13-17, 2014, Worms, Germany
> Date: 6 June 2014 09:44:37 CEST
> To: <GSI-ALL at gsi.de>
> =

> Dear Colleagues,
> =

> the Organizing Committee, would like to bring to your attention, that GSI=
 and FAIR and the Nuclear Physics Board of the EPS are jointly organizing t=
he international =

> =

> =92=92Conference of Science and Technology for FAIR in Europe=92=92
> =

> October 13-17, 2014 in Worms, Germany
> =

> The scientific landscape has evolved in all fields of FAIR physics and it=
 is high time to review and refine the scope of physics and to think about =
the steps beyond the startup of FAIR. This conference is a follow up of a m=
eeting held at GSI in 2003, where the science case of the first generation =
of FAIR experiments was widely discussed.
> =

> This international conference will be a joint scientific and technical me=
eting of all FAIR communities
> =

> - Atomic, Plasma and applied physics (APPA)
> - Compressed baryonic matter (CBM)
> - nuclear physics (NUSTAR) and =

> - hadron physics (PANDA)
> =

> including fundamental physics, detector and accelerator technologies and =
data handling. =

> The main topics are the status, development and further prospects as well=
 as first day/year physics and instrumentation of all detectors.
> =

> We would be pleased if you could come and contribute to the discussion in=
 this inspiring atmosphere.
> =

> More information can be found at http://fair2014.gsi.de and in the First =
Circular enclosed in this mail.