[Olympus] 2pi production.

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Tue Feb 25 16:05:21 EST 2014

Hi Stan,
thanks for the info.
Do you know which information was used to reconstruct the beam energy in
the document? One needs to know at least two variables to reconstruct E.
For the VEPP-3 experiment there is angular info for the lepton and proton,
and there is a calorimetric measurement of the lepton energy but probably
not for the proton.

In OLYMPUS we should have better angular resolution, and we have momentum
information for both the lepton and the proton.
It remains to be seen how much of the 2-pion yield would survive the
kinematic cuts.

Can we get a hand on the 2-PION-MAID generator?

Best regards
   Michael