[Olympus] Talk on Monday

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Wed Feb 12 10:04:47 EST 2014

Dear Norik,

at large theta_e the yield is expected to go down fast, but I agree that
you might cut into the signal at large angle if is a constant cut tuned
with the yield at forward angles where the statistics is high.

For the polar angle cut it would be good to plot the difference
\theta_pr - f(E_0,\theta_e^{WC}), where f provides the proton angle from
the electron angle using elastic kinematics.
This angular resolution likely varies a lot with the angle because the
protons at large angles correspond to low momentum hence suffer more
multiple scattering and energy loss. So in principle the angular
resolution should become better at large theta_e. However the lepton also
becomes softer and this may make the resolution actually worse.

I recommend to plot the measured and calculated angle difference for each
theta_e bin like your *_resol.pdf, but for the angle difference, then
parametrize the cut ...

It would also be worthwhile to monitor the difference in lepton and proton
vertex for each of these bins.

Best regards
   Michael