[Olympus] Talk on Monday

Norair Akopov akopov at mail.desy.de
Wed Feb 5 09:25:37 EST 2014

   Dear Colleagues,

In addition to what was shown on Monday I produced two new plots (e+/e-
reconstructed runs) reflected the momentum resolution similar to the Fig.
14 (Track momentum resolution) in the report to be sent to PRC. I used the
same definition for the resolution as Jan explained:
difference between the momentum defined with the only lepton angle and
momentum taken from WC for the same track is divided over half of the
sum of those momentum and multiplied by 100 to be in %.

You can see 9 panels on each plot, the upper left is the resolution
calculated with the integration over the scattered lepton angle
(\theta_e), then 7 panels show different \theta_e ranges, and the last
lower right panel is double plot with \theta_pr vs. \theta_e (\theta_e is
along X axis).

I would say that the integrated case and the first angular region
(20 <\theta_e (degree) <30) are very similar for electron runs to what we
see on Fig. 14. Then with the increasing of \theta_e the shape of such
momentum resolution become quite different (as I remember Michael asked
how looks such resolution at different angles). For positron runs we see
that even for low angles (and for integrated case) the mean of momentum
resolution is quite shifted from zero, which is just reflection of the
momentum shift I showed on Monday.

The location of produced pdf files is:

http://www.desy.de/~akopov/Olympus_Monday_Meeting/
electron_resol.pdf
positron_resol.pdf

The results were obtained with the same cuts (including topology cut)
and PID scheme explained on Monday in my talk.

I think this information can be usefull.

Best regards,
Norik