[Olympus] Report to PRC

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Mon Feb 3 08:00:49 EST 2014

Dear Doug,

you stated that you do not want to spend much time on this but a 24-page
report is not so short and giving only a few hours of reviewing time is
too short for any meaningful comments.

I am concerned that if a written report like this is rushed to submission
with lots of plots with inadequate explanations then the committee will
come to false conclusions and concerns.

For example the GEM efficiciency plots look horrible but then it is said
in just a half sentence that the impact of the inefficiencies is probably
minor. It transmits the wrong impression and puts us on a bad spot.
This is just an example and I am sure I will have many more concerns.

We could discuss this with Joachim Mnich later today and agree on a
schedule for them to receive it say in a week from now, allowing us to
polish this a bit more.

Best regards
   Michael