[Olympus] ocompile shutdown next week

Christian Funke funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Thu Feb 21 07:07:41 EST 2013

Dear collaborators,

the IT infrastructure provided by the Bonn group will be disassembled next =
week. =

This especially means that ocompile will be shut down. So please copy any r=
elevant =

data from you home directory to a safe location. We will restore
access to the raw data files/root files from a host in Bonn, besides of cou=
rse the =

copies stored on the desy dcache.

For the Desy group a new server was delivered and setup in the Desy datacen=
ter. I =

will work on it next week to get the analysis running on this machine. The =
server =

itself is running Scientific Linux 6, therefore I will have to make some ad=
justments =

to port our software from debian. Of course the same holds true for any com=
piled =

binaries on ocompile. You will not be able to use them on the new machine.

See you at the meeting

Christian
-- =

Dr. Christian Funke
Helmholtz-Institut f=FCr Strahlen- und Kernphysik
Nussallee 14-16 Zimmer 1.006
53115 Bonn

Tel. : +49 228 73-2199
Fax  : +49 228 73-2505