[Olympus] some definitions

Jan C. Bernauer jan.bernauer at t-online.de
Mon Feb 11 10:00:13 EST 2013

Dear Stan,

some remarks:

On 11.02.13 09:50, Belostotski, Stanislav wrote:
> Dear colleagues ,I suggest to include the following definitions in the
> section GENERAL or MC section:
>
> 1. Bremsstrahlung: ep interaction with e ,p and a real photon  in the
> final state. As a second order correction to the SPE amplitude, the
> bremsstrahlung photon may be produced by the initial or final lepton, or
> by  the initial or final proton.

I would call that "internal Bremsstrahlung", in contrast to "external
Bremsstrahlung" which happens before/after the scattering.

> 2.Inelastic ep scattering: the ep interaction with a pion(s) in the
> final state.

I would say this is pion (electro) production, which is a type of
inelastic ep scattering.
Technically, 1) is also inelastic, but I would say we can say "elastic",
even if a photon is produced.

> 3. Radiative effects in material budget: those resulting in the energy
> loss of   scattered lepton due to interactions with spectrometer
> materials, e.g., e+e- pair production or e+ annihilation  in the target
> cell wall, target chamber exit window,air  etc.

Sounds good, but also applies to the proton/pion, and also for the
incoming lepton pre-scatter.

Best,
Jan