[Olympus] Acceptance Simulations

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Tue Nov 20 23:18:57 EST 2012

Hi Axel,
thank you.
Now these double ratios look like they were done with the white generator?
However, the latest plot file "tof_gaps.pdf" in my possession for the
single-polarity ratios still has the large errors at large angles. Could
you update them, too?
And add a plot for the yields themselves (from which the ratios are
formed, maybe all four with different colors in one panel, i.e. three
panels for 0, 1, and 2cm gaps).

Also it would be good for any of the ratios to zoom into the y range to
1.0 +-10% in order to see the deviations from one in more detail.

So it looks like there are some good washout effects at work, in
particular if the efficiency structures are smaller than the "washout
scale", which could likely be of order of the extended target length. What
would be interesting next is to study along the lines of Stanislav's
proposal to see what happens when entire TOF bars or combinations of TOF
bars are less efficient than others. Here, the benefit
from washing out structures may be less so, because the localized
efficiency structures would be of similar order like the "washout scale".
Similarly, this could be the case for inefficient cells in the WC. How
much bigger are the corrections for single ratios than for the fourfold
ratios?

The list of things to look at can obviously be extended for many aspects.
What we shall think about is, and this was requested by J. Mnich, what is
the best set of measurements other than B+ running that should be done
toward the end of the OLYMPUS run that can eventually help us verifying
and tuning the MC, in order to achieve better than 1% systematics
everywhere.

Thank you,
   Michael