[Olympus] Acceptance Simulations

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Tue Nov 13 10:50:06 EST 2012

Dear Axel,

now that we run in B+ mode only for now, we need to have an estimate how
sensitive the ratio is to local variations in the efficiencies. Since the
target is extended and the angular binning is wide, the effect must be
suppressed. The arrival location of e+ and e- for identical kinematics
differs by a few cm.

For a simple worst-case check, could you introduce gaps of ~1-2 cm between
any two TOF bars (by making the active width of a bar smaller), simulate
(e+,B+) and (e-,B+), form the e+/e- ratio and compare the result with no
gaps between the TOF bars?

Likewise, a dead cell in the WC can potentially have a bad effect, too,
but would cancel if the e+ and e- tracks are still mostly hitting the same
cells for identical kinematics.

Best regards
   Michael