[Olympus] Nuclear Physicist Position

R.Kaiser@iaea.org R.Kaiser at iaea.org
Thu Jan 12 06:07:03 EST 2012

Dear colleagues,

I currently have an opening for a nuclear physicist with a background in accelerators and instrumentation
here in the Physics Section at the IAEA. The vacancy notice can be found on the IAEA web pages at
https://recruitment.iaea.org/vacancies/p/2011/2011_147.html .

The Physics Section is responsible for accelerator applications, nuclear instrumentation, research reactor
utilization and fusion research. We have a laboratory unit that carries out R&D work in nuclear spectrometry,
XRF, synchrotron experiments and digital electronics. We have access to an ion beam line at RBI in Zagreb
and from 2013 we plan to have a beam line at the ELETTRA synchrotron in Trieste

This particular post is concerned with accelerators/instrumentation and located in the headquarters in Vienna.
Responsibilities include the management of so-called Coordinated Research Projects,
the organisation of workshops, conferences and meetings and Technical Cooperation projects.
Collaboration with the laboratory unit is encouraged, but this post is not an experimental research position, but
more of a programme management post. Technical Cooperation projects are essentially development work
and can be very interesting and challenging. The position is limited to initially 3 years, but can be extended
to up to 7 years.

Applications are online and interviews are via video conference. If you are interested or know anybody else
who might be, I'm happy to answer  any questions over the phone or by email.

Greetings from Vienna,

Ralf

Prof Ralf Kaiser
Section Head Physics, IAEA
Professor of Physics, University of Glasgow
email: r.kaiser at iaea.org<mailto:r.kaiser at iaea.org>
phone: +43 1 2600 21756

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.