[Olympus] Fwd: Re: Run browser

Christian Funke funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Tue Sep 27 20:33:51 EDT 2011

Hi Inti (and everyone else),

due to the various security measures of Desy it is difficult to impossible to
let an "external" webserver connect to an "internal" database. Though it may
be possible to replicate this information to the external web this is not
done.

For all experts working on detectors it has been recommended more than once to
get a VPN account at Desy to be able to seamlessly connect to internal Desy
and Olympus network. This ensures seamless interaction with our systems and
does not make us jump through hoops to provide custom solutions.

Regards
Christian

--
Dr. Christian Funke
Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik

Tel. : +49 228 73-3598
Fax  : +49 228 73-2505
EMail: funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de