[Olympus] WC and 12 degree detector schedule

Douglas Kenneth Hasell hasell at MIT.EDU
Thu May 19 06:07:26 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

	Today we had a brief meeting to plan for the wire chamber and 12 degree detector installation.  I summarise my recollections of the meeting below.  If I misrepresent anything please correct me.

OLYMPUS
-------
	- roll into DORIS ring 15 July

Wire chambers
-------------
	- both wire chambers are gas tight and sitting beside the OLYMPUS park position.
	- 23-24 May - chambers will be installed into the sub-detector frames.  They will be adjusted to fit symmetrically and reasonably close (~1 cm) to the toroid coils.
	- 24-27 May - chamber positions will be surveyed relative to the sub-detector frames
	- 24-27 May - 12 degree detector ladder and brackets should be temporarily mounted so gas routing to the wire chambers can be determined. If possible survey ladder to verify 12 degree angle and that the detectors will point at the target centre
	- 30 May - 3 June - HV distribution cards will be installed and cabled to the electronics hut
	- 30 May - 3 June - make gas connections and start flowing gas
	- 6 June - 14 July - test wiring, condition chambers with HV, make repairs as necessary, test with DAQ, cosmic ray runs with DAQ, test with toroidal magnet

MWPC
----
	- 2 chambers currently being tested in DESY test beam
	- 1 June - 2 new detectors arrive
	- 6-10 June - trial installation together with GEM detectors on wire chambers and between toroid coils to determine mounting position and spacing for each detector
	- 13-17 June - test new chambers in DESY test beam
	- 1 July - 2 new detectors arrive
	- 4-8 July - mount new detectors into main detector
	- 11-15 July - test with DAQ and toroidal magnet

GEM
---
	- 9 detectors currently at DESY
	- 2 detectors in DESY test beam undergoing tests, testing can handle approximately 2 detectors per day but would like to run further tests as well.  Will test until 3 June
	- 6-10 June - trial installation together with MWPC on wire chambers and between toroid coils to determine mounting position and spacing for each detector
	- 13-17 June - mount GEM detectors to ladders and survey positions.  Cable and begin testing GEM detectors with DAQ

Cambridge, MA 02139, USA                      E-mail: hasell at mit.edu