[Olympus] regular weekly meeting

Douglas Kenneth Hasell hasell at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 4 16:25:16 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

	It has been suggested that we hold regular, brief, informal meetings for the OLYMPUS experiment.  During these meetings all components should give a brief, 2-3 minute, verbal updates on their status.

	If no one is available to make a report please send me an E-mail with anything you would like to report.  If a component has nothing to report in a given week please say that or send me note to that effect.  But in general every component should try to keep us up to date with any progress or problems.

	Also, each week there will be one or two more detailed, 10-15 minute, presentations on topics of specific interest.

	The meeting should not last more than 1 hour !

	The plan is to hold these meeting every Tuesday at 16:00 Hamburg time.  People at DESY can attend in the seminar room in building 66.  Others can join through EVO.  The EVO information is available at:

http://web.mit.edu/OLYMPUS/Evo.html

which includes information for the available phone bridges.

	Primarily this meeting will be verbal, without formal presentations.  However, if there are results or things people would like to show please send them to me before the meeting so I can post them to the web.

	If people would like to make a longer presentation please let me know in advance and I will add it to the agenda.

	The next meeting will be on Tuesday, 8 March, 2011 at 16:00 CET.

Agenda (with suggested names)

Component status:
 - target and vacuum system - Jim Kelsey
 - wire chamber and GEM tracker - Douglas Hasell
 - time of flight - Inti Lehmann
 - luminosity monitor - Michael Kohl
 - MWPC - Denis Veretennikov
 - symmetric Möller - Roberto Perez-Benito
 - data acquisition and trigger - Christian Funke
 - slow control - Anton Izotov
 - DORIS - Frank Brinker
 - DORIS Hall - Jan Hauschildt
 - Monte Carlo - Douglas Hasell

Special interest:
 - test beam results - Alexander Winnebeck

Cambridge, MA 02139, USA                      E-mail: hasell at mit.edu