[Olympus] rates in TOFs

Uwe Schneekloth uwe.schneekloth at desy.de
Wed Aug 24 11:14:38 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Just two comments concerning the discussion:

We shouldn't use the conditions during the weekend after the startup as
a reference. The vacuum pressure was still quite poor, very low beam lifetime
without any gas flow,  and therefore high background rates.
It would be very useful to take longer runs now and look at the rates as a
function of beam current.

Presently, there is indeed no shielding upstream of the detector. We were
planning to install a lead wall just upstream of the detector. This was not done
because the shielding would have be in conflict with the survey and there was
no time between the final survey and the startup.
The shielding could be installed during the service week in October or
more likely during the December/January shutdown.
The lead thickness is 12.5mm in the central part and 3mm in the outer
part. On the very top there will be gap for air ventilation and smoke
detection.

Best regards,
Uwe