[Olympus] Small scintillators needed

Inti Lehmann i.lehmann at physics.gla.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 10:11:08 EDT 2010

  Dear all,

Sorry for the bulk mail. We are having trouble to find appropriate
scintillators to built a coincidence for our efficiency measurements on
the smaller TOFs. We would need 2 scintillators with an active size of
maximum 15cm times 1m, ideally equipped with lightguides, PMTs and
bases. They can be smaller, but should not be too small to achieve a
reasonable cosmic rate (possibly 30cm length would be best).

As far as I understand, Uwe has already turned DESY upside down. So,
unless you have a good idea, you don't need to check all DESY areas
again. However, anyone who has something remotely similar, please let me
know asap. We basically would need them immediately. (We should be able
to take over shipping costs.)

Thanks in advance. Cheers,
Inti

Dr. Inti Lehmann