[Olympus] Proposal for Olympus test experiment

Alexander Winnebeck winnebeck at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 17 02:58:53 EDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

Jan and myself have prepared a proposal for test experiments at the =

OLYMPUS interaction point after the winter shutdown 2010/2011. The goals =

are to observe the background situation, measure target densities, and =

do initial detector and machine studies.
Attached you can find a write-up of our proposal, simulations, and =

beamtime estimations.
We are going to give a short presentation about the proposal on the next =

collaboration meeting and would like to have a discussion afterwards.

Looking forward seeing you on the next meeting in Hamburg,

Jan and Alexander

-- =

Dr. Alexander Winnebeck
Helmholtz-Institut fuer Strahlen- und Kernphysik der Universitaet Bonn
Nussallee 14-16                     Tel  0049 228 73 2457
53115 Bonn                          Fax  0049 228 73 2505
Germany