[Olympus] Completing the TDR

frullani@iss.infn.it frullani at iss.infn.it
Fri Jul 16 11:37:23 EDT 2010

Dear Richard,
July 16th is arrived but I have not yet finished to read through the all
TDR. Many commitments including the preparation of the baem test in DESY
are in progress at the same time. While I will comment in more detail,
taking time to go trough the entire document during the month of August,
let me say that if we really want to achieve a control of systematics at
level of 1% many assumptions made in pagg. 17-20 need a more detailed
analysis probably corroborated by experimental tests. The task of beam
test in the next year should be, in addition to prove the basic assumption
that detectors, target, toroid work properly (let me cal this the trivial
task) it should be used to test if some critical assumption like the
suitability of Monte Carlo simulations for the differences in acceptance
estimation (at 1% precision)in the different configurations of beam/magnet
field, the assumptions on the efficencies of the lepton with different
fields (1% precision)are suh that the aim of 1% total error is not missed.
I think that a fully discussion of these items will be worthwhile in one
of the next meetings and something probably should be added in TDR.
Still remain also something to be added on our contribution for the
elctronics and code developed both bor MWPC and GEM monitor, I will try to
do by the end of August, results on GEM electronics to be carried out at
the end of July can also be added (if August vacation month will allow).
As well the problem of level of radiation in the Hall taking into account
the present statistics of beam loss (partially or totally) during DORIS
operation should be addressed to call for the requirement of radiation
hardness of the elctronics in the Hall, as are all front end cards of
several detectors.
This is all for the moment, all the best.
Salvatore
Regards.
Salvatore