[Olympus] OLYMPUS funding

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 12 18:23:41 EST 2009

Dear OLYMPUS colleagues,
I am pleased to inform you that to-day we have learned that the Office of
Nuclear Physics of the U.S. Department of Energy has approved the funding
request in support of our OLYMPUS experiment.  Further, a positive decision
from NSF is expected in the near future.  This is very good news. It is the
fruit of considerable effort by the OLYMPUS collaboration over the last two
years, the strong support of DESY and the careful technical review carried out
in September.
I look forward to meeting at the end of this month in Hamburg to move forward
with realization of our important experiment.
with best regards,
Richard