[Olympus] OLYMPUS meeting at DESY April 6 and 7

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 23 11:04:16 EST 2009

Dear OLYMPUS collaborator colleagues,
I wish to announce that our next collaboration meeting will take place at D=
ESY
on Monday April 6th and Tuesday April 7th.  I attach a copy of the letter
granting conditional approval to OLYMPUS from DESY Director Albrecht Wagner.
In recent conversations with DESY Research Director Joachim Mnich, he is cl=
ear
that he sees no roadblocks to the running of OLYMPUS other than settling the
question of the financing of the experiment.  It would be best to have the
financing of OLYMPUS settled by summer 2009, as DESY wishes to start work on
dismantling Argus later this year.  It is a priority to clarify the
contributions of the groups in the collaboration on this timescale.  I will=
 be
in contact in the near future with group leaders to make progress in this
direction.
We will develop a draft agenda for the April meeting in the coming weeks. F=
eel
free to make suggestions.
with best regards,
Richard