[Olympus] simplification

John R Calarco jrc at einstein.unh.edu
Wed Apr 30 16:10:28 EDT 2008

After the last meeting, which I attended by conference call, I have
some thoughts. What I heard was a complete reinstitution of BLAST.
If we want to measure the real part of the 2-photon amplitude and
do it quickly and easily, my thoughts are (1) install a simple
unpolarized target (the pressure can be arbitrarily high) and
(2) install a simple one-type-of-event trigger system (we may have
most of the electronics to do this ... Karen, you and I can discuss
this). With these simplifications, we can take data at a much higher
rate ... higher target pressure and only one event type.  I am very
interested in the possibility of continuing the more general BLAST
program at DORIS, but I think the approach should be to do this
first experiment right and fast and then think about expanding  the
program.

--
John R Calarco
Dept of Physics