[mworks-users] MWorks and El Capitan

Christopher Stawarz cstawarz at mit.edu
Wed Oct 7 14:28:13 EDT 2015

For the benefit of anyone thinking about upgrading their MWorks Mac to the latest OS X release (10.11 “El Capitan”), I’ve written a blog post about potential issues to consider.  While I recommend reading the entire post (it’s short), the two most important points are

1) Unless you’re willing and able to use MWorks 0.6 (which was released yesterday), **do not upgrade to El Capitan**.  Older MWorks versions exhibit some serious issues with the stimulus display on the new OS.

2) If you use an ITC-18 or NI-DAQ device, you’ll have to disable some new security features to get the required device drivers working under El Capitan.

For all the details, see

http://mworks-project.org/news/2015/10/07/el-capitan/

Regards,
Chris Stawarz