[mosh-users] How to keep the history of the screen?

Keith Winstein keithw at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 8 19:22:24 EST 2021

You can try "mosh --no-init", which doesn't clear the screen, but Mosh will
not give you "good" scrollback history -- part of the way Mosh can be so
efficient is by skipping over data that never makes it to the visible
portion of the terminal.

If you want all the history available in a scrollback view, most people use
Mosh in combination with screen or tmux on the server side.

Best regards,
Keith