[mosh-users] What am I missing -- Setup on OS X

Tim Roberts imtimrob at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:57:33 EDT 2019

I am new to mosh and just trying to get basic function working correctly.

I have mosh installed both on server and client.

I can connect using mosh if use:

mosh —server=/usr/local/bin/mosh-server user at ip.add ‘ssh=ssh -p port-number’

If I use mosh user at ip.add ‘ssh=ssh -p port-number’

I get the error:

"/usr/local/bin/mosh: Did not find mosh server startup message. (Have you installed mosh on your server?)”

%printenv PATH

returns /usr/local/bin in its output on both machines. So I believe "Server binary outside path” does not apply.?

I am using an ssh config file, so I would like to get things setup to use %mosh server_name
as I do with ssh.

I was able to get it to work by adding an alias in my .bash_profile, but I wonder how that will effect passing other options later as I learn more.

Best,

Tim Roberts