[mosh-users] Automated Persistent Sessions with GNU Screen

Gordon Morehouse gordon at morehouse.me
Sat Jan 6 10:55:05 EST 2018

When using mosh daily for quite a while, I had persistent problems reconnecting to sessions that were dropped under certain circumstances - namely when my laptop was rebooted with an active session. The usual screen tricks didn't actually work in that specific edge case, and I never did figure out why.

I will say that session reconnection and handling of "ghost" logins have been the two biggest pain points for me, but if all effort were equal (which of course it's not), I would see the ability tunnel via mosh implemented before just about anything else.