[mosh-users] Newbee question -- Can sshd and mosh consist

Keith Winstein keithw at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 6 15:34:41 EST 2018

Hello -- yes, definitely they coexist!

Mosh does not have its own daemon -- the mosh-server is just a normal
unprivileged program that the user invokes (via SSH) to log in. You can
just 'apt install mosh' (or equivalent) on the server and it will install
the mosh-server program in /usr/bin, and that's all your users need. It
doesn't change anything about your SSH configuration and it doesn't affect
users who choose not to run Mosh.

Our website (https://mosh.org) may be helpful, or please let us know if
there's something we can make clearer.

Best regards,