[mosh-users] [mosh-devel] Mosh 1.3.1 release candidate 2 available for testing

john hood cgull at glup.org
Sun May 28 13:32:37 EDT 2017

On 5/26/17 9:37 PM, John Hood wrote:
> On 05/26/2017 21:21, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>> Keith Winstein <keithw at cs.stanford.edu> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks, Jeremie! Do these tests work with 1.3.0? (And if so, are you able
>>> to bisect this for us?)
>> emulation-scroll.test result: did not exist in 1.3.0
>>
>> So nothing to bisect, as far as I can see.  Log files for 1.3.0
>> attached, let me know if you need more information.
> OpenBSD-current, of course, has a prerelease version of tmux.
>
> Does mosh-1.3.1rc2 build successfully for you with OpenBSD 6.1?
>
> I took a quick look at this.  I was able to reproduce the
> emulation-scroll.test failure in tmux 2.4 on FreeBSD 11.0 in tmux
> without mosh, which points both to an issue in tmux, and also to
> insufficient testing of the tests on my part :)
>
> I'll examine this a little more closely with the portable tmux soon.
emulation-scroll.test fails when run directly with tmux because tmux
doesn't implement SCROLL DOWN in its terminal emulator, so that's not
actually the issue.  (I'm not sure tmux implements SCROLL UP correctly
though.)

The real issue is that tmux from git master (and presumably
OpenBSD-current), when used in control master mode, now creates an 80x23
terminal pane, rather than the 80x24 pane that it did in previous
versions.  Those two tests rely on the height of the screen window.

Newer versions of tmux do offer a 'refresh-client -C 80,24' command that
can handle this but integrating that into the test framework is
unfortunately tricky.  It also doesn't seem to work in current versions
of tmux, the terminal pane remains at 23 lines even after running this
command.  I've opened <https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/947> for this
issue.

I'm half inclined to call this "not a release blocker", but half the
reason for this release is to deal with tmux issues in the first place :)

regards,

  --jh