[mosh-users] Connect through mobile network

Jón Schone jeschone at tutamail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:27:16 EST 2017

Hi,

I have installed Mosh on my Android phone and my laptop with an Ubuntu base distro. I am able to connect both ways and it works flawlessly when both devices are connected to te same Wi-fi. I would like to connect to my phone when its connected to the mobile internet, 3G of 4G. I figured that port 60001 which is the default port is not forwarded over the mobile network and tried to change the port to 587 (SMTP) with the hope that this port is forwarded by default.

If I try to change the port using "mosh-server -p 587" I get the message "Network exeption: bind: Permission denied" When I use su to login as root the command mosh is not found. My question is: What steps do I have to take to connect to my Android phone through the mobile network?

I hope you can help me out,

Regards,

Jón Schone
--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com