[mosh-users] Can mosh do (or use) ssh style reverse tunnelling?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Feb 13 12:26:52 EST 2017

I currently use ssh 'reverse tunnels' to gain access to a small
(Linux) computer on my boat so that I can do some simple monitoring.

The 'small computer' on the boat is a Beaglebone Black running Debian
Linux, to enable connection to it from the outside world it runs
commands like:-

    ssh -nNT -R 51236:localhost:22 chris at xxxx.yy.zz

I can then do 'ssh -p 51236 localhost' on xxxx.yy.zz and get a
connection to the Beaglebone Black.

It would work better for me if a TCP/IP connection wasn't necessary
because the intervening systems have timeouts which cause the ssh
connection to drop fairly quickly if I don't use it continuously.

Can mosh somehow use the ssh tunnel to set up a connection and then
work independently of it, thus needing only UDP?  I have full root
access to both ends (both Debian currently) so I can install whatever
is needed.

--
Chris Green